Waiting 4 the Bus

Waiting 4 the Bus
click to like us on Facebook

Thursday, October 4, 2012



A long time ago. I found myself in Poetic Retirement. I wasn't reading out at all and The original Waiting for the Bus had gone bust. I wasn't thinking about a new show, much less a new collective. I was hanging out with a friend of a friend (who became a good friend) and he dragged me to an open mic.

At this Open mic I met Esteban Colon and Dena Pope, and I started performing out more and one day Esteban and I started to artistically collaborate and that was the seed that led to waiting 4 the bus for the 21st century.

That friend of a friend was Jeff Givens, or the Bourbon Cowboy, or Ziggy Sawdust, or the Golden Elvis. He just gone and finished himself a record. I like it, but I'm his biggest fan. Give it a listen, you might like it.

Thanks for helpin' me live the life, Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment